The closest city to the Val di Sole, Trento is a 45-minute drive from our apartments. Its architecture has a unique feel, with both Italian Renaissance and Germanic influences. You can catch regular trains to Trento from Malè station, which is a convenient 150m walk from our apartments! Trento is famous for its annual Christmas market and hosts a number of fantastic music, film and food festivals throughout the year.
- Duomo (Cathedral of Saint Vigilius): a Romanesque-Gothic cathedral of the 12th-13th century, built on top of a late-Roman basilica.
- Piazza Duomo, located next to the Cathedral, with frescoed Renaissance buildings and the Late Baroque Fountain of Neptune (Fontana di Nettuno)
- Palazzo delle Albere: a Renaissance villa located next to the Adige River, built around 1550 by the Madruzzo family, now hosting a modern art museum.
- Palazzo Pretorio, next to the Duomo, of the 12th century, with a bell tower (Torre Civica) of the 13th century (it now hosts a collection of Baroque religious paintings).
- Various underground remains of the streets and villas of the Roman city (in Via Prepositura and Piazza Cesare Battisti).
Tourist information centre: Via Manci, 2, Trento